Thanks for stopping by my blog. I hope you enjoy browsing through all my cards!

Tuesday, November 23

Bag of Gold!


Hi, Another horrible day today here, its been raining most of the day. I think the snow is not far behind!
Anyway here is todays creation! I decided to make a gift bag which fits in with the challenge at Die Cut Dreams Challenge Blog where they are looking for anything BUT a card. The Totally Tilda Challenge is where my colour scheme came from, they are looking for Glitz and Gold creations for this challenge. I found some lovely gold mirror card that has a mat finish in my paper drawers and it was perfect for embossing. I embossed the gold layer with my floral embossing folder and cuttlebug and layered it onto brown cardstock. I used my Martha Stewart deep edge punch and gold ric-rac on the brown layer and added a gold heart button. I coloured Tilda in using Promarkers but i never had a gold Promarker to hand so i had to use Mustard instead. I think it looks ok!!
 The flowers i made from scratch. What i do is take a scallop circle and cut the scallop edge off. I have added a few pictures below to explain! Once i have the scalloped strip i gently curl each scallop to give them the petal shape. I then wrap the strip tightly around a quilling tool  and let it relax just a little until you get the size and shape you would like then use a dab of glue on the end to keep it from uncurling. To finish it off just pull some of the "petals" gently into shape until you are happy with it. I got this idea from the new x -cut quilling  flowers dies that are out and just love to make my own flowers.
(Cut the scallop edge off )

 ( Using a quilling tool wrap tightly then let it relax very slightly and glue)

(Once glue is dry pull the "petals" into shape for finished effect)

Sorry its such a long post tonight! As always here is the list of the challenge blogs i am entering.
http://diecutdreams.blogspot.com/ - Anything but a card.

That's me off to bed! Thanks for looking!
Photobucket

8 comments:

  1. Stunning creations, I love the gold embossed paper and your Tilda is colored beautifully, love it. Thanks so much for joining us at Die Cut Dreams this week
    Debs
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow hun, this is stunning, lovely idea for the flowers may just have to try that, thanks so much for joining us at DCD, hugs Liz xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOWZERS.....absolutely stunning card hun it looks fantastic. Love Tilda she looks so pretty sitting there & your flowers are awesome. Thanks for tute on them.

    Lotsa hugs Vicky xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. What's not to love? This whole bag rocks. Thanks for entering the MSL challenge this time and please come back often. C2

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ohhhh Lynne this is a gorgeous Tilda creation plenty of Gold/Glitz LOVE it..fab colour combo..great flowers..I have a promarker Gold pen & dont like it..its not Opaque just solid gold not nice..thanks for sharing & joining us at Totally Tilda glitz/gold chall.


    smiles Christine & TT DT girlies xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is stunning love the embossed gold.
    Thanks for sharing with us at dCD.
    Chris x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh Wow Lynne this is absolutely fantastic!!! I love your flowers and will definitely have a go - as I have bought one of those new Xcut dies!! thanks so much for sharing it with us at Totally Tilda from another Lynne xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. You've made a beautiful bag. I love all the gold and how you've embossed it :), Vanessa

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog and leaving me a comment. I really appreciate every one of them!