Thanks for stopping by my blog. I hope you enjoy browsing through all my cards!

Tuesday, June 10

Best Day Ever...


I hope your having a great week so far. The weather has been miserable here for the past few days, just so wet! The rain today was bouncing of the ground just as the kids got out school...Carrie was soaked through by the time she got down the hill! 



Anyway, Today is my day to post over at the Sugar Nellie Blog so decided to make a card and candle gift set using the gorgeous "Best Day Ever" digi stamp. She also comes in rubber but is soon to be retired so if you want this cutie you will have to get her very soon!



 Materials 
Image coloured with Promarkers and Poly Pencils
Papers - My Minds Eye - Lost and Found
Dies - Memory Box Vivienne
Embellishments - Lace, Ribbon for bow and Gems
I have also used Glossy accent and Glamour Dust (doesnt seem to show up on photo)
(Candle - Flower from Wild Orchid Crafts and Twine)



I printed the digi onto tissue paper (you can just stamp directly onto the paper if using rubber!)
I coloured my image using Promarkers. You have to do quite a few layers to get the colour you want as colouring on tissue paper is not the easiest!
Cut around the image...just roughtly, doesnt need to be neat as you are not going to see the edges.
Place on the candle and using a good amount of wax paper wrap it around tightly gathering the excess in a bunch at the back.
Using your heat gun sweep over the whole of the image. You MUST pull tight on the wax paper as you do this as the pressure from the wax paper pushes the tissue paper into the melting wax leaving the image embedded on your candle.
You will see the candle wax melting and the image starting to change. Make sure you go right to the egdes of your image.
 All thats left to do now is carefully peel the wax paper away and admire your gorgeous personalised candle!
You can also put a sentiment on there in exaclty the same way if you wish!



Here are a few challenges to enter my card and candle set into...

Cards Galore Encore - Anything Goes Top 5!!
Colour Me Creative - Anything Goes
Crafting at the Weekend - Anything Goes
Patties Creations - Birthdays!

Well that me for now! Thanks again for stopping by, its much appreciated!
Hugs,

6 comments:

  1. Beautiful card and matching candle Lynne...sweet image and gorgeous colours

    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lynne your blog is absolutely beyond gorgeous! I have just "saved" your blog so I can visit....do you have a "followbyemail"??? This creation is fantastic, as is everything you have displayed that i have looked at. Lynne your work is outstanding! please let me know if i can follow by email. thanks so much for coming to LOC. Gosh i am pleased i did! best, samara DT LOC

    ReplyDelete
  3. awww Lynne - i'm sorry - i was writing for OSAAT. (but everyone on LOC would feel JUST the same!!!! haha) xox

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome project! I love the image on the candle:-) Thank you for joining us at CMC
    Hugs
    Michele

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lynne, such a gorgeous project, they are both beautiful. Thank you for joining us at the Crafts Galore Encore Use a stamped image or a digi stamp Challenge#6. Jo x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog and leaving me a comment. I really appreciate every one of them!